Police radars in use in The Netherlands (updated 02-03-2020):
- Multaradar CT, mobile (K band, FM modulated non continuous wave, low power; hard to detect but can be distinguished because of it’s “unique” signal).
Since 2015 ALL radar traps are done with Multaradar CD’s, later on in 2016 ALL radar traps are exchanged for Multaradar CT’s. So both fixed and mobile speed traps are done with 1 type of radar. Except for;
- Gatso T series (only fixed locations at traffic lights). RT3 /RT4 radar K-band ISM planar patch-array.
- Peek (works only with induction loops at traffic lights).
- Traffipax (works only with induction loops at traffic lights).
The most speed traps measures the speed from behind (receding traffic).
Other speed traps in use in The Netherlands:
- Section Controls, on the highway and some provincial ways since 2020.
- LTI Ultralyte lidar gun.
- LTI Truspeed (with VPR) lidar gun.
- Kustom Prolaser 4 lidar gun.
- Almost gone, but still in use somewhere: Prolaser 3, Jenoptik Laser Patrol, Robot Traffipatrol XR.
How to set up your Beltronics / Escort / other radar detector for speed traps in The Netherlands?
- X OFF
- KSW OFF
- KaSW OFF
- POP OFF
- SWS OFF
- LSR ON
- RDR OFF
- MRCD OFF
- MRCT ON
- GATSO ON
Please note that possessing and/or using a radardetector is forbidden in Holland! (but Spectre RDD’s are not actively in use).
We try to keep this list up to date but if you think this list is outdated, please leave a message below or send an e-mail.